Designed for general meteorological applications, Global Water Weather Stations are rugged and low-cost systems for a variety of weather monitoring applications, including:
• Environmental Studies
• Wastewater Facilities
• Water Budget Analysis
• Water Conservation
• Fully integrated, easy-to-use, and economical
• High quality, rugged, industrial grade sensors for monitoring, alarming, and reporting
• Powerful and durable datalogging
• Operates for several months on internal, rechargeable battery or continuously with solar panel additions
• Global Water’s Windows-based datalogging software provides many useful features, such as real time monitoring, measurement interval and engineering unit selections, station ID, and sensor calibration
• Wind Direction, Wind Speed, Humidity, and Temperature Sensor electronics are fully encapsulated in marine grade epoxy for complete environmental protection and a long operating life
Included Weather Sensors
In addition to the GL500 Weather Station Data Logger standard Global Water Weather Stations include the following weather sensors and installation hardware:
• WE550 Wind Speed Sensor
• WE570 Wind Direction Sensor
• WE700 Temperature Sensor
• WE600 Humidity Sensor
• WE770 Solar Shield
• and the WE820 1 inch 304 stainless steel mounting frame with 316 stainless steel fittings, 6 ft tall, 3 ft wide crossbar
The following optional weather sensors and hardware accessories can be added to the weather station:
• WE100 Barometric Pressure Sensor
• WE300 Solar Radiation Sensor
• WE710 Flat Surface Temperature Sensor
• WL400 Water Level Sensor
• EP180 Evaporation Pan
• RG200 Rain Gauge 6″, Tipping Bucket
• RG600 Rain Gauge 8″, Tipping Bucket
• FN0000 Smart Charger
• SP101 Solar Panel (80mA)
• SP102 Solar Panel (350mA)
• and the WE830 Mounting Tripod
Datalogger & Software
Global Water’s WE800 Weather Station Data Logger offers state-of-the-art technology for continuous data logging, storing and retrieving of weather station information. All weather stations include the GL500 Data Logger, Global Water Data Logger Software, and a RS232 cable (for communication between the logger and your computer).
The GL500 Data Logger, the weather station’s durable and powerful data logging and recording unit, is enclosed in a sturdy weatherproof case. The weather station data logger will operate for several months before its internal 12VDC battery requires recharging. When used in conjunction with solar panels, the weather station data logger can be powered continuously. The GL500 Data Logger includes a real-time clock that dates and time stamps each record. Weather station data can be accessed easily either through a real-time data screen or through a log of recorded data (programming and calibration are not required). Maximums, minimums, and averages can also be obtained from the data using most spreadsheet programs. All weather station data collected by the weather station data recorder can easily be transferred to a disk file for future analysis and storage. The weather station data can be imported into any standard spreadsheet program.
The Weather Station Data Logger includes Global Water Weather Station Data Logger Software, Windows-based software that provides many useful features, such as real-time readout, measurement interval, engineering unit selection, station ID setting, and sensor calibration. The weather station’s software makes accessing stored data and setting options easy. Data downloaded from all Weather Stations can easily be opened in any PC spreadsheet program for analysis and graphic presentation. Global Water’s Weather Station Data Logger Software will run on a PC-type laptop or desktop computer running Windows 95 or later. To communicate with the Weather Station Data Logger, a computer must be equipped with a standard RS232 serial communication port.
Global Water’s Weather Stations include full assembly on a sturdy and durable 1 inch stainless steel tube frame that can be mounted onto a pre-existing base or onto the WE830 Global Water Weather Station Tripod for upright installation. The Weather Station frame is designed for durability and endurance in harsh conditions. The WE770 Solar Shield, a ventilated sun shield with high reflectiveness, low heat retention, and low thermoconductivity, is provided as protection for the Temperature and Humidity sensors. Global Water highly suggests using the solar shield to protect the Temperature and Humidity sensors from direct sunlight. Temperature and Humidity sensors will not read accurately if exposed to direct sunlight.
A 12VDC 2A-H rechargeable battery is included with the Global Weather Station Data Logger for use in remote applications. This battery can be used in conjunction with solar panels for reliable continuous use.